Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Who is The MeloBlogger?

     I am an educator.  That is the simplest way to put it.  There is hardly anything in my whole life that you can find where I'm not either learning something or teaching someone.

     I have longed to be an educator ever since the fourth grade.  Learning has always interested me in every subject.  I love learning new things.  Children are a particular delight because they love new things, too.  It is a particular privilege to be involved in pouring your life into someone else's.

     The paths of my life have led me to a moderate level of technological proficiency.  I learned to type on a manual (non-electric) typewriter.  (I guess I should erase that since it is technically off topic.)  Computers were not used much when I was in high school.  In college, I used a Commodore 128.  In my years of teaching, I have been at private/low budget schools, usually with no computer.  However, I did become proficient in using the copier to blow up or shrink images to manually cut and paste onto documents, newsletters, etc.  I have a lot of experience with data entry in a school management database and in the customer database at the publisher where I currently work.  For two years, I managed a school website using Dreamweaver.  Other technologies I have used include a digital camera, floppy disks, flash drive, external hard drive, scanner, and printer.  Internet research has been a big part of my current job as well as email and searching for locations on the map.

     Currently, I am enrolled in graduate school in the course Educational Technology.  This course should really stretch my skills as I have much to learn in this area.  I do want to enhance my classroom learning environment with technology.  It will be difficult breaking out of my comfort zone, but this is one of the reasons why I chose this school.

No comments:

Post a Comment